- Verify that your SCSI cables and terminator are securely connected.
- Check the pins on the SCSI cable connections to make sure that there are no bent pins.
- Some older devices do not perform SCSI bus speed negotiation very well (for example, LTO1). Sometimes, changing the TapeServer SCSI bus speed to match the device speed can help *. To modify the maximum SCSI bus speed, the following tools are available:
- Web-based administrative user interface, Configure->SCSI page
- Command line interface command, scsi mac_bus_speed
Changing SCSI bus speed is only available on TapeServer V3
Return to Knowledge Base