Provide technology leadership to the development of new software products and maintain existing products in the DinoStor suite. This will include growing the Tape Server and Data Server products to the next level of enhanced value for the customer. Responsible for taking decisions on technology selection, developing architecture and design of new software products. Work with the project manager in work breakdown, estimation, prioritization and allocation. Other job functions include researching technical solutions and industry best practices; resolving technical problems; interacting with clients in cooperative development situations, technology transfer and training.
The general responsibilities of Technology Lead are:
- Analyze, architect, design, code, debug and document Tape Server and Data Server implementations.
- Analyze, debug and address critical defects in existing implementations of Tape Server and Data Server.
- Work on critical customer issues and provide quick turnaround.
- Interact with marketing team to gather requirements, prirotize the requirements and provide technology support for the implementation of these requirements.
- Interact with customer to understand requirements, capture them, jointly develop code, transfer technology and train.
- Provide technical leadership (not project management) by assigning work, resolving technical problems, and mentoring other developers in all areas of Linux-based software development.
- A Masters degree in computer science or related field with 4 years industry experience or Bachelor degree in computer science or related field with 6 years or more of progressive industry experience in software development in storage technologies.
- In depth understanding of Linux kernel and extensive experience in programming applications for Linux platform.
- Good knowledge of and experience in the development of device drivers for Linux platform.
- Good understanding of storage concepts – DAS, NAS, SCSI, FC, File Systems, Volume Manager, Tape libraries, etc.
- Good exposure to software engineering process relevant to product development.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you're interested, please send an e-mail, stating the position and location (Bangalore) you are applying for, with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Careers at DinoStor